Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Reflections





Our trips in October and November brought us to Florida, Georgia and Texas.  There are so many images from the trips -- women dancing and not wanting to leave when the seminar was over; women 3 rows deep kneeling at the altar in prayer and grief over the loss of a loved one; all the tears, rejoicing, and freedom.  There was the sweet time of singing Amazing Grace with the women in the Ad Seg Unit at Carswell.  Women accepting Jesus - returning to Jesus - being healed and restored by Jesus.

There were women waiting to be deported; waiting to be released; and those sentenced to death.  So many women and so many faces - I try in my mind's eye to take a picture at the places I visit so the memories will remain.  When the words are difficult to find to express what God did, I am comforted that women will send correspondence lessons, an occasional note, or a poem.  The one below just arrived:

God's Child
 
As I walk this lonely highway
As I walk life's lonely road
People all around me wondering
Where I'm gonna go.
And as I'm on my journey
Through life's fears and woes
I will walk with Jesus by me
Everywhere I go!
I am God's child
Yes, I'm God's child!
 
People always asking questions
Who are you?  Where you from?
I'm just walking toward tomorrow
Don't you want to come?
Just put your trust in Jesus
He's everything to me
Just walking on the water
Is where I want to be.
I am God's child
Yes, I am God's child!

No comments:

Post a Comment