Thursday, April 12, 2018

April 12th, 2018


Water for My Soul

“The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul.”  Ps. 19:7

The heavens speak: they say, "God is glorious!"

The sky shows off the artistry of God and His creation.

Day comes and talks to me.

Night arrives, carrying knowledge for my benefit.

Their silent language is heard, forming words of God's creation.

Those words extend throughout the earth, forming a canopy for the sun.

Each day the sun comes out of the canopy like a man on his wedding day;

Like an athlete, well-trained and ready for the race,

Both are filled with joy.

From sunrise to sunset, nothing is hidden from its penetrating light.

Its warmth soothes my bones.

In the creation of God I am pointed to the true law of the Lord.

The Lord's law of love is water for my soul.

The certainty of the sun gives testimony - even I gain wisdom!

His truths are accurate, filling my heart with joy.

His instructions for my life are true, opening my eyes to see in a whole new way.

All who revere the Lord last and live forever.

His game plan for my life guarantees victory.

His truths, testimonies and instructions are the most precious jewels to me, sweeter than honey.

They provide me warning and reward.

As I gaze from the heavens to stare at myself, how can I know for sure all my mistaken ways?

Glorious God, please find me innocent of hidden faults.

Restrain me from blatant sin and keep it from controlling my life.

I want to be found Not Guilty.

May my life, spoken and silent, be pleasing to You, for You have rescued me and have never left me.

No comments:

Post a Comment