Friday, March 2, 2018

March 2, 2018


Praise the Lord


“Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name.”  Ps. 103:1

Let my entire soul praise the Lord.  As I gather at the feet of Jesus, let my mind, my will, and my emotions all concentrate of God and on His goodness.  It does not matter if today is a “good day” or a “bad day.”  It is a “God day” because God gave it to me.  Therefore, I praise the Lord.

First I direct my free will to God.  I choose to focus on Him.  That is my first important decision.  It is not based on circumstances, it is based on truth.  Next, I fix my mind upon Him.  Thoughts of God, of who He is, of what He’s done, and of how God is for me – all these thoughts come into my mind.  I meditate upon them.  As I do, Scriptures may rise up in my spirit.  Such words of truth are life-giving.  My mind praises God.

The thoughts and memories and remembrances of Jesus activate my emotions.  I may feel awe, gratitude, joy.  My heart may leap with rejoicing.  My emotions join in the chorus of praise.  A new song may be produced as I sing a love song to the Lord.  The creation is praising the Creator and it is a beautiful scene to God.

I praise His holy name.  As my mind continues to stay fixed on Jesus, one of His many descriptive names may come to mind.  Oh Son of Man, who am I that You are mindful of me, and that You love me so?  Ancient of Days, Prince of Peace – how I extol You.  I praise You Emmanuel – God with us.  God with me.  It is good to be in the presence of the Lord, praising Him with all my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment