Thursday, May 3, 2018

May 3rd, 2018


Pray Without Ceasing


“Rejoice always,  pray continually,  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”  1 Thess. 5:16-18

This past weekend a woman handed me a note from someone I met back in June when we went to an aftercare facility in New York.  Here is part of that note:

"The last time you were here I was new and asked you to pray for my sleep. You told me to picture myself in Jesus' lap when I go to bed. That night I slept for the first time in 16 years without meds or drugs. I am still here and still sleeping all night. I just want to thank you for serving Jesus Christ. You brought hope to me. Thanks for teaching me how to pray again. Before the seminar, I was afraid to pray because I didn't want God to give up on me if I failed. Now I can't stop praying!"

How exciting it is to hear the testimony of the heart God has grabbed hold of and won’t surrender!  This woman’s life has been forever changed by the love of the One who came for her, died for her, and was resurrected for her.  She now knows Jesus, knows that He hears her, loves her, and wants what is best for her.  She now will pray continually, giving thanks in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment