Tuesday, August 15, 2017

August 15, 2017


Walk By Faith


For we walk by faith, not by sight.”  2 Cor. 5:7

This morning I prayed.  You might not think that is anything especially terrific; except when I prayed, one of my prayers was 400 years into the future.  I have been praying for quite some time now for my as yet unborn grandchildren, great-grandchildren and so on.  With an average life expectancy of 80 years covering 5 generations, by my calculation that is 400 years forward – should the Lord tarry His return.

It is obvious that I pray this prayer by faith, not by sight.  My daughter will be married this summer.  She and her future husband hope to be parents one day and so, I pray this prayer.  It is one of the many marvelous and yet mysterious things about prayer:  it is speaking from this realm into an unseen realm.  It is communicating from time into timelessness.  Earth connects with heaven and, I hope, heaven comes down to kiss earth with a perfect and holy and just and true answer. 

The point is this: I do not have to see it, or feel it, to believe it.  It is a prayer with confidence in an Almighty God who is an Everlasting Father.  This prayer strengthens me, encourages, and fills me with hope.  I see – absolutely nothing.  But by faith I am confident this prayer reaches the inclined ear of my Father, whose heart beats for me, my daughter, and those five generations.  Lord may Your will be manifested in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment