Wednesday, August 16, 2017

August 16, 2017

The Breath of the Almighty


“The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.”  Job 33:4

I am so thankful for the Holy Spirit.  He made me and it is His breath that gives me life.  One of the things I try to be thankful for daily is this “breath of life.”  Waking up in the morning and able to breathe – thank You Lord for the gift of Your Spirit’s breath in my lungs, that life-giving and life-sustaining breath.
It is the breath of the Almighty, which is interesting.  El Shaddai   is the name of God Almighty, powerful and the One who is all sufficient.  This name reflects God’s omnipotence.  It was El Shaddai who made the covenant with Abraham, as found in Genesis 17:1:  “When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, ‘I am Almighty God; walk before me and be blameless.”  I pray to and worship the God of all sufficiency, who can meet my needs and care for me, using the descriptive name of El Shaddai.
This breath (or Spirit) of the God of all sufficiency continues to give me life.  It is humbling, awesome, and causes me to bow before my Maker with thankfulness, praise and worship.  In that worshipful moment of acknowledging the greatness of God and smallness of me, I inhale the breath of life with thankfulness and exhale that sustaining breath of life with praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment