Tuesday, September 12, 2017

September 12, 2017


Here Am I


“I revealed Myself to those who did not ask for Me; I was found by those who did not seek Me.  To a nation that did not call on My name, I said, ‘Here am I, here am I.”  Isa. 65:1

Isaiah speaks forth the word of the Lord and the prophecy is fulfilled in Jesus.  This word reminds us that God is fully capable of revealing Himself to people who aren’t even looking for Him.  He pursues after persons not seeking Him.  He calls out to nations that have not called out Him, saying, “Here am I.”  It is truly remarkable.
We come across this fulfillment in Romans 10:18, when Paul writes about the unbelief of Israel as to Jesus the Messiah.  Not all of Israel believed the message.  Paul makes his case by using a number of Old Testament verses, including this passage from Isaiah.  The gospel message was not confined to the Jewish people but also included Gentiles.  The Gentiles were not looking for a Messiah – a Savior.  But God lovingly revealed Himself to the Gentiles and many came to faith.  It is so often the way the Lord works.  It is an encouragement for us to pray for others who right now may not be looking “to be saved.”  They don’t need any help at all.  Yet we can lift them up to the throne of grace with boldness and power in Christ. 
This day, this moment we can cry out, Lord will you speak forth Your words to the ones who are lost and do not know it?  Will You say to them, “Here am I.  Here am I.”

No comments:

Post a Comment