Wednesday, September 20, 2017

September 20, 2017


He Knows My Name


“I have even called you by your name; I named you, though you have not known Me.”  Isa. 45:4

The scene is a park bench…one by one each person walks out and takes a seat.  They each share a bit with the others on the bench.  It could anywhere in America or the world.  

 Person 1:             “My name once was Vengeance.  I used to take matters into my own hands and try to solve problems all by myself.  It didn’t work.  Then one day I met Jesus, and He took the matters of my life into His own Hands, nailed upon a cross.  He took my burdens and gave me His, which are light.  He gave me a new name, Victorious.  He loved me then, and He loves me now.  He knows my name.”

 Person 2:             “Beaten was my name.  My boyfriends beat me, my daddy beat me.  Life had beaten me.  I had nothing left to give and so was ready to give up.  Why live anymore?  A stranger shared a simple message with me on the bus and I did give up – everything to this Jesus.  I am still getting to know Him and getting used to my new name – Blessed.  My Bible says that strangers are sometimes angels, yeah.  That day I entertained an angel unaware and it saved my life.  He knows my name.”

 Person 3:             “I’m Lost.  I can’t find my way and I don’t even know what I am doing sitting here now.  I’m Lost.  Seems it’s been that way for as long as I can remember.  Lost in my family.  Forgotten in school.  Manipulated at work.  I’ve been kicked out, I’ve dropped out and I’ve lost out in life.  I saw you two sitting here and thought maybe you could help me.  It just feels like no one knows me, no one knows my name.”

Be assured beloved, God knows your name.  He has named you and called you by that name, even the rebellious world named you differently.     When you did not know the Lord, He knew you and He had already named you.  Respond to your name and to God this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment