Tuesday, November 7, 2017

November 7, 2017


Go to a Land I will Show You



“The Lord said to Abram, ‘Leave your country, your people and your father’s household and go to the land I will show.”  Gen 12:1


I once knew a land of make believe: make believe everything is fine; make believe I’m good; make believe I am smart enough; make enough money; succeed in the workplace; have a perfect marriage and raise a perfect family.  This same land I knew was also filled with stress, pressure, anxiety and despair.  It seemed like no matter how hard I tried, I kept failing in this land.


Like Abram, I was asked to leave my familiar place and familiar people behind to go to – well, I had absolutely no idea!  It seems like I’ve been on this sojourn for nearly twenty years now, as I write this.  Each time I think I have arrived at the place God wants me to be, we move.  What I can tell you is this: the journey has been the focus, rather than the destination.  Along the journey there has been repentance, crucifying of the flesh, faith, hope, forgiveness, and restoration to name just a few.  They are my markers, my street signs and names, if you will. 


The Lord will continue to lead the way and show me the next road to take on this journey to the land He will show me.  It came about because I didn’t like the old land anymore and He knew it, and extended His grace once again to me.  It’s been the best road trip of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment