Sunday, November 19, 2017

November 19, 2017


Trust in the Lord



“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.”  Pvbs. 3:5


Upon becoming a Christian I thought my life would be trouble free.  It didn’t take long to find out differently!  After a few years of walking with the Lord, I was faced with a crisis that threw me off course and challenged my faith.  My weaknesses quickly rose to the surface.  I was leaning left and leaning right; I was leaning on my own understanding and struggling to lean on God’s.


I went off track because of life’s events and because I focused on the problem rather than my Savior.  I forgot to trust in Him with all my heart.  I had a choice to make:  get back on track with what I focused on; or stay in the downward spiral.  I decided to get back on track by following Jesus and trusting in Him – even thought things looked bleak.


Wrapped in the loving arms of a forgiving Savior, I found that safe place once again.  It was Jesus who picked me up, dusted me off, and led me back to that path of His righteousness.  He carried me when I couldn’t walk and when I wouldn’t walk.  He cleared a path for me when I saw was a forest.  He didn’t leave me.  He loved me.


Thank You Jesus, for Your grace beyond measure and Your glory beyond description.

No comments:

Post a Comment