Wednesday, January 17, 2018

January 16, 2018

Go to the Street Corners

"Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find."  Mt. 22:9

In the Parable of the Wedding Banquet, Jesus is describing the kingdom of heaven to a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son.  When the people who had made the "guest list: refused to come after several invitations, the king instructed his servant to go out to the street corners and invite any person they came across.

It is a humble reminder for me - do I show partiality with whom I share the gospel?  Or am I impartial, sharing the good news of Jesus the King with "anyone I find?"  Am I willing to roll up my sleeves and go into the streets, the shelters, the projects?  After a Sunday church service of worship and soul care, am I prepared and ready to be moved out of my comfort zone to the combat zones that the Lord may want to place me?  Yes, a humbling question indeed.

May we be ambassadors of Christ bringing the gospel message to the places God has prepared for us, as instruments of peace, armed with hope and filled with joy.  May we be faithful to His call when His gentle whisper summons us to a street corner that only the enemy has visited, so we may reclaim lost ground for the Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment