Wednesday, January 17, 2018

January 17, 2018

My Soul Waits

"My soul waits for the Lord, more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning."  Ps. 130:6

There we were, my husband, my brother, and I.  We were sitting in the waiting room and had been there quite a while.  It was a hospital that I hadn't been to in a long time, yet it brought back some memories.  Somewhere in another room was my dad, who had been brought to this hospital.  It was a Sunday afternoon, and we were waiting.

That waiting room became God's waiting room and I was in it.  I was waiting - waiting for the doctors, a nurse, anyone from the hospital who could give us some news about my dad.  I was waiting for the Lord.  It had been two years earlier that we had lost my mom after a seven month illness.  I had waited for the Lord a lot during that time.  Now, two years later, this scene was familiar.  My soul was waiting for the Lord.
My mind waited for Jesus.  My heart waited for Jesus.  My energy was directed to a singular prayer, "Jesus, help."  The doctor eventually came to see us and give us the news - it wasn't news we wanted to hear.  We were brought to my dad, where we could wait together.  There as a family, we waited for the Lord.
My soul still waits for the Lord - for the day when my dad and I will be reunited in eternity.  It will be a sweet reunion.  Only Jesus can bring it about.  Watchmen wait for the morning - they wait with diligence and perseverance.  More than the watchers of the night, my soul waits for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment