Saturday, January 27, 2018

January 27, 2018

The Heavens Declare God's Glory


"The heavens praise Your wonders, O Lord, Your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones.” Ps. 89:5

There is a testimony in heaven.  Open your heart to the declarations and proclamations happening in the heavens.  God is good!  God is great!  God is glorious!  This is a continuous testimony.  The Lord is excellent in all the earth and in all creation.

I remember the day when this verse became internalized for me; when I experienced the skies and heavens declaring God's glory.  We were in a nursing home and standing by my mom.  She had fought a good fight against illness and now she seemed ready to leave us.  I whispered to her to go be with Jesus and that we would be fine.  And so she did.
As she left this earth, my husband and I looked at each other and then out the window, because it thundered.  Heaven declared the glory of God in my mother's life.  The skies resounded with rejoicing at the work of His hands - my mom, His daughter!  It was staggeringly beautiful.
I try to look up to see heaven declaring the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment