Friday, January 19, 2018

January 19, 2018

God's Presence and Rest

"The Lord replied, 'My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."  Ex. 33:14

Have you ever done things without the presence of God?  Did you find very little rest in it?  God's presence provides peace, comfort, and allows us to take a breath when times are challenging.  When we become intentional about inviting God into our day, He gives us rest.  One of the great facets of God's rest is that we can have it even when we are very busy.
Some days my life is very full and other days less so.  I discover much greater rest when I invite Jesus into my day.  A couple of my favorite examples of this practice is when the laundry is being folded and when beds are being made.  These are not exactly the most exciting activities on the planet.  Yet, when God's presence (literally, His "face") is with me as I fold the laundry, there is peace and rest and joy in the task.  I find myself praying for the person whose clothes I am folding, or bed I am making.  I've had a God-moment and it cannot be taken away from me.

Try inviting God's presence into your day today.  See what happens.  Write it down or let a friend know.  The Lord may give you rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment