Tuesday, October 3, 2017

October 3, 2017


Word of His Grace



“Now I commit you to God and to the word of His grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.”  Acts 20:32


This verse recently jumped off the page and into my heart and spirit.  My daughter and son-in-law were married in July of 2014 and for the month leading up to their wedding day, a group of us had been praying God’s blessings over their marriage.  During that month I re-discovered this little verse tucked away in Acts.  It seemed like the greatest benediction I had read in a long time.  It seemed perfect to pray for a couple after they were married.


It is simple and that it what makes it so effective – the simple power of God’s word, living and active in the lives of those we pray it over.  My version is prayed like this: 


“I commit Pete and Sarah to God and to the word of His grace.  God and His word can and will build you up, as individuals and as a couple united in marriage.  His word and His presence in your lives will provide for you an inheritance far beyond what you can presently imagine.  It is not just an earthly inheritance or a heavenly inheritance.  It is an inheritance that includes both heaven and earth.  It is a spiritual inheritance with benefits you will encounter now, as well as later.  It is an inheritance for you and for your family.  I entrust you both to God and His precious care for you and to the word of His grace.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment