Tuesday, October 17, 2017

October 17, 2017


Spoken from Belief


“It is written: ‘I believed; therefore I have spoken.”  2 Cor. 4:13

We stood around the woman and took turns praying for her in response to her request for prayer.  It had been quite some time since she had worked and was in need of employment.  It seemed to her as if nothing was breaking loose on the job front.  So after our weekly Bible Study had ended, she asked if we would pray.

It hasn’t happened often that as I am praying I have s strong and distinct sense that the Holy Spirit is prompting to me pray in a declarative way.  That day as the body had gathered in unity to pray, I sensed the Holy Spirit exhorting me to declare – not to ask – but to declare what was on God’s heart.  It was such a strong force that I felt compelled to obey.  This was the prayer:  ‘Lord I thank You that by the time our friend gets home today she will have not one job offer, but two awaiting her.” 

Thankfully in the moment I believed, therefore I declared.  I must confess immediately after the prayer of declaration I questioned what had just come out of my mouth.  All of us who walk with Jesus have had these moments – was that really from the Lord?

Late that afternoon my phone at home rang and it was our friend calling.  She was nearly breathless and filled with excitement.  She had to call to tell me what had happened.  She drove home after leaving Bible Study.  When she walked into her house, the answering machine light was flashing.  There were two messages.  Each message was from an employer, offering her a position.  She was amazed and we praised God together.

Friends, God is big.  When you sense His Spirit prompting you, step out in faith.  Sometimes it is the declaration that leads to activation!

No comments:

Post a Comment