Wednesday, October 4, 2017

October 4, 2017


God’s Purpose Fulfilled



“The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; Your love, O Lord, endures forever- do not abandon the works of Your hands.”  Ps. 138:8


This is a verse we can lean back upon – resting and trusting that the Lord will fulfill His purpose for us.  First, He has a purpose for each of us!  This is a call to trust, to receive that purpose, and to act upon it.  If anyone had told me 15 years ago I would be traveling the country speaking to women in prison, I would have laughed.  Yet that has been God’s purpose for my life – at least some part of it.  While I did not see it, God was fulfilling it very slowly over time. 


What is even more staggering is that what I am doing here is in preparation for what I will be doing eternally.  It helps me to understand the second half of this prayer – do not abandon the works of Your hands.  Don’t stop now, Lord.  Please continue to teach and equip and prepare me.  Mold me and shape me for Your purpose – Your eternal purpose.


He promises this and fulfills His promise because He loves us.  His love endures forever.  Let that last sentence sink in; it is an entire sermon.  God’s love endures forever…forever.  Receive His promise and truth in your heart today.

No comments:

Post a Comment