Sunday, December 10, 2017

December 10, 2017

He Rescued Me

"He brought me into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me."  2 Samuel 22:20

These are a few words from the song of praise that David sang to God.  The Lord had delivered David from his enemies and poured out his heart in thankfulness and praise to his Rock, his fortress, his shield, and the horn of his salvation.

I like to write in my Bible -- there are two in my house that carry years of notes, dates, and references.  In many ways they are a testimony of the great love of God.  At the bottom of the page by this verse my note indicates that on Nov. 20th, 2002 our Wednesday morning Bible Study group prayed this verse for a person's healing.  I remember it like it was yesterday; in fact in was nearly 11 years ago.  I recall the sense many of us shared that God was going to rescue and deliver and bring this person into a broad and spacious place - all because God so delighted in him.  It was, and remains, one of those verses that is in my spirit - it is part of who I am.

If I feel trapped or closed in, God wants to bring me into a spacious place.  When I am in need of rescue, He will, because He delights in me.  As for that person we prayed for eleven years ago - he walks in the healing that the Lord has given to him.  God delights in His son.

No comments:

Post a Comment