Tuesday, December 19, 2017

December 19, 2017

His Compassions Fail Not

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."  Lam. 3:22-23
Truth speaks

Compassions fail me not,

Cascading round my doorstep daily

Sure mercies meet and greet me

In the going and coming of my life.

I recognize them not in the busyness of my day.

They are there just the same.


Life speaks;

Its voice hurtful and pained,

Wounding deep places inside of me

Lowering my resistance, I find there’s nowhere else to turn.

From this darkened place Father calls, Father waits,

I hear Him not in the sorrows;

He is there just the same.


I know not how long I am there;

A moment, a lifetime.

My heart’s despair cries out, “It hurts.”

That is all that Healer needs to hear.

Heavens rend for Father’s hand to come down for me;

For me!  He has come for me.

His hand of light cups my chin as He whispers,

“I am the lifter of your head.”


Defenses dropped, I let Love in.

Comfort comes to envelope me,

Safety comes to rescue me.

My head now lifted into the brightness of His rising.

My eyes meet His;

My gaze expressing thankfulness;

His expressing the same.

The Spirit and the Word enter in

And I am changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment