Friday, December 8, 2017

December 8, 2017

The Word of God

"For the word of God is living and active.  Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."  Hebrews 4:12

How I love the word of God!  It is alive and active in my life.  God's word brings encouragement, exhortation, instruction, direction and correction.  It sets me on the path the Lord has for me.  His word can be sharp as it reaches through to the depths of me.  A word in season from Him will separate soul and spirit, joints and marrow and discern the thoughts and intentions of my heart.  Truly, there is no where I can hide from the Lord.

This living word from a living God is powerful, coming from the Greek word that means "energetic."  It is operating in my life and is filled with energy.  How many time has the word of God performed "spiritual surgery" on me?  Many times!  His word of truth has brought freedom, it has brought healing, it has brought comfort.  So too the word has come with correction, redirection, and God has used His word to show me when my ways are not in alignment with His ways.

I am so thankful that the word of God is alive and I praise Him that His word brings life.  It remains the primary way the Lord chooses to "speak" to me and it is the place I go to when I am confused.  Father, thank You for the gift of Your word.  Use it this day to speak to us, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment