Saturday, December 23, 2017

December 23, 2017

Freedom!

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."  2 Cor. 3:17

There is no doubt about it - I celebrate the freedom that comes with Christ.  Maybe it is because I have been set free from many things, or perhaps it is what I have seen the Lord do in prison.  Either way, I love freedom.

Some Bibles use the word liberty - coming from the Greek "eleutheria."  This word gives us two very fascinating meanings: freedom from slavery; and freedom of access.  The freedom we have in Jesus has brought us out of our spiritual Egypt and into our spiritual Promised Land: out of places in our lives that have been enslaved; and into places of freedom.   

Freedom is one of the many gifts of God made available to us as followers of Jesus.  It is not my gift, but His.  He presents it to me and it is mine to open.  As we approach Christmas, may you find the gift of freedom under your tree - all wrapped up and your name written on the gift tag.  May it be yours to open, to lay claim to, and to possess as yours this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment