Friday, December 22, 2017

December 22, 2017

The Great I Am

"And I tell you the truth, Jesus answered, 'before Abraham was born, I am!"  John 8:58

Jesus is in the middle of our predicaments and declaring, "I am!"  On our good days, He is.  On our bad days, He is.  The boldness and audacity of truth expressed to the Jews in Chapter 8 of the Gospel of John is the boldness and audacity of truth expressed to us today.

If we are unsure of what is happening in our lives - Jesus is our I am.  When we have doubts and insecurities, our I am is with us.  He is the Alpha and Omega, Beginning and the End.  Jesus is with us and He is for us.  The ones this truth offends are the ones who do not want Jesus.  Jesus, we want you.  We need you.  Thank You for that before we were born, You were there.  Thank You for Your mercy and Your grace that made a way for us.  Thank You for every good and perfect gift.  Thank You that You are an approachable Savior - the great I am that we can talk to, cry with, listen to, and love.  We adore You, Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment