Monday, December 11, 2017

December 11, 2017

I Have You in My Heart

"It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart..."  Phil. 1:7

Paul writes this expression of tremendous love and affection for the church at Philippi.  This prison letter is a love letter to the church, filled with tenderness and compassion.  How great it is to hear someone say that they have us in their heart!

I began to understand this letter of Paul's when I started going into prison.  God had placed a supernatural love in my heart for women in prison.  I understand these words and I have spoken these words to the incarcerated.

As wonderful as it is to know Paul expresses this to the congregation, how much more wonderful is it to know that Jesus is saying the same about us?  Jesus, filled with tremendous love and affection for the church, speaks out of His tenderness and compassion.  He says to us, 'It is right for Me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in My heart.'  Today, please know this - Jesus has you in His heart.  He loves you with an everlasting love.  Receive His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment