Tuesday, December 26, 2017

December 26, 2017

God's Redemption

"Then she fell on her face and bowed herself to the ground, and said unto him, Why have I found grace in your eyes?" Ruth 2:10
The Book of Ruth is such a wonderful book of romance and redemption.  In the natural this book is about Ruth , a young Moabite woman who falls in love with an older man named Boaz.  Spiritually, it points forward to the love of God who sends His Son Jesus Christ into the meadows and fields of life  searching for a Gentile Bride and calls her unto Himself. 
This verse so brings to mind the day of my salvation.  At the time I had two sons.  My oldest was born with a congenital heart condition and was expected to undergo open heart surgery.  I was not saved at the time.  I was searching and seeking, as my fears were enormous.  This one day I was looking outside at the trees in the fall.  I thought to myself, there has to be a God.  How would the sun know how to set and the moon to rise?  How would the leaves know when to fall to the ground and when to grow beautiful new ones in the spring.? It was creative perfection.   I felt so desperate and I fell to the floor and said to God, if You are real You have to show me.  Immediately I felt His strong presence and He was hugging me.  I knew at that moment that grace was bestowed upon me.   I asked Him why "have I found grace in your eyes."  He is so faithful  to answer when we seek..  Ruth thought she was in a field to reap and work only to find Boaz.  Ruth was wondering why she had found grace in his eyes.  We were both in the right place at the right time.  What an awesome Lord we serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment